- We believe that Physical Education (PE), experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is essential to ensure children attain optimum physical and emotional development.
- Our PE curriculum is delivered by high quality teaching and children are provided with learning opportunities that inspire them to succeed in physical education.
- Our PE curriculum is coherently planned and sequenced for all of our children
- Our PE curriculum is ambitious for all, including those with SEND, enabling every child to work to their full potential.
- We aim for all children to be physically active for sustained periods of time and to be able to make informed decisions to lead healthy and active lives. Thus, embedding life-long values.
- In keeping with out Christian ethos, we are excited to work in collaboration with KICK! They are a non-profit organisation that embraces and promotes the Christian ethos.
- We intend on transforming young people’s lives, with God’s love, through sport and support.
- PE at William Ford provides challenging and enjoyable learning through a range of sporting activities including; invasion games, net and wall games, strike and field game, gymnastics, dance, swimming and outdoor adventure.
- Such skills needed within the range of sporting activities are regularly revisited through our spiral curriculum, this enables our children to know more and remember more.
- All PE lessons build upon prior learning and have clearly defined end points.
- In PE lessons, skilled sports coaches check pupil’s understanding effectively, identifying and correcting misconceptions.
- Pupils participate in at least 2 hours of high-quality PE lessons each week, covering one or two different sports/ skills focuses each half term.
- There is a strong focus on children using key vocabulary in their oral contributions during lessons.
- Children are encouraged to stay active at break times and can access a variety of equipment to use.
- In the monitoring of the PE curriculum, we constantly strive for improvement through review and evaluation.
- We equip our children with the necessary skills and a love for sport and dance.
- The children at William Ford will hopefully grow up to live happy and healthy lives utilising the skills and knowledge acquired through PE.
- Children are enthusiastic about PE and they are able to speak positively about their experience.