My Name is Kerry Noakes, and I am the Family Support Worker at William Ford C of E Junior School.
I have been at William Ford for over 7 years and my role in school is to provide support, advice, and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour, and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
I can meet with you in school at a time to suit yourself. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence
- Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- Liaising with a range of external services such as Early Help and Social Care
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Referrals to Borough services — such as Paediatrics, CAMHS, School Nurse service.
How to get in touch:
I am normally based in school every morning from 8.30am
Please call the school office on 0208 2706582 to speak to me or make an appointment and I will be happy to see you as soon as I can.
I can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org